Types of Information Collected
- When you use our Services, you may provide us with personal information. Personal information is information you knowingly choose to disclose to us. Personal information includes, but not limited to your name, email address, gender, birth date, IC no, telephone number, address, occupation, and any other personal information that you provide to us. Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity. All personal information which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
How We Use The Collected Information
- We use, store and process collected information for the following general purposes:
- To enable you to access and use the Services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Services, MediSave’s business, and our Users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about MediSave, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications when you login to your MediSave account; and
- To enable us, as well as, MediSave merchants that you are following to administer referral programs, loyalty programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by MediSaveor our Third Party business partners.
Release of Collected Information
- We share your personal information with MediSave merchants that you are following. We specifically disclaim any responsibility or liability for the actions of such MediSave merchants. While we inform them that they are only permitted to communicate with you for the purposes of their Offerings, we do not have any responsibility for the actions of the MediSave merchant, and the actions of the MediSave merchant are not in our control.
- We may share your personal information with authorized third party service providers. We may provide services and products through third parties like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails or text messages. We may share your personal information with such service providers to fulfill purchases, orders, delivery, send postal or email, administer contests or sweepstakes, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, operate the Services, troubleshoot, and provide customer service.
Access, Change, or Delete Your Information, or Cancel Your MediSave Account
- You may review, update, correct or delete your personal information in your MediSave account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your MediSave account entirely, you can do so by logging into your MediSave account. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Services in association with your personal information, even after your MediSave account is cancelled.
Securing Your Personal Information
- We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your personal information that we store.
- MediSave uses “cookies” in conjunction with the Services to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Services to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information.
- Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Services may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
- MediSave cookies and third party cookies
- We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. As further explained below, third parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
- There are two types of cookies used on the Services, namely “persistent cookies” and “session cookies”.
- Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Services.
- Other technologies
- The Services may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about Users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Privacy Policies of Third Party Websites